June 5th: I've been scouring Twitter and Google Alerts for the latest on more LEGO Rock Band songs, so I'll add them as I find them. Jump to the Lego set list.
This isn't simply making a band and jumping into a world tour -- although you will make band members. Here, you'll be going about… being a band, I guess, and challenges will pop up via cutscenes. One will start with some LEGO dudes trying to demolish a building, and when they fail, you'll have to rock hard enough to topple the walls. In another scene, you'll be performing on a helicopter while being chased by a giant robot.
But more importantly, it gave us another song, raising the known total (once including some gleaned from LEGO Rock Band fact sheet) to 8 known tracks. Without further ado, here is the complete known track list:
- Pink: "So What"
- Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
- Europe: "The Final Countdown"
- Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
- Blur: "Song 2"
- The Jackson 5: "I Want you Back"*
- Vampire Weekend: "A-Punk"**
- Foo Fighters: "Breakout"**
The game is also confirmed to allow downloadable content (DLC), although it’s not yet confirmed whether or not that will include giving your brick avatars access to previous Rock Band tracks.
- denotes discovered in IGN’s article. ** denotes discovered through GoNintendo’s LEGO Rock Band fact sheet.
Article updated 9:32 a.m. June 4 to reflect original sources.